Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

Re: Archiva vs. Nexus

Ron Wheeler

2011-07-19

Replies: Find Java Web Hosting

Author LoginPost Reply
On 19/07/2011 9:17 AM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
> I must say, I don't know either technology that well, but after
> looking around Nexus seems to have the more favorable reviews. I'll
> probably try Nexus first given I am already using m2e and Sonatype
> seem to document things well.
I am really happy with Nexus but have not tried Archiva.
Follow the installation procedure carefully as it has some bits about
directories that are not intuitive.
If you pay attention to the instructions, you will not have any problems.
The user interface is very simple and easy to understand.
The support is very good in the Nexus forum and to a certain extent here
as well.
Documentation is clear and abundant.

Good Luck.
Ron

> Thanks for that clarity everyone.
>
> Cheers, Eric
>
> On 2011-07-19 4:11 AM, Jesse Farinacci wrote:
>> It works fine just as long as your minimal configuration doesn't
>> include Java 6. There's a bug[1] hanging out there for almost a year
>> now which prevents Archiva from being useful for me and a lot of
>> others.
>>
>> That being the case, Nexus all the way.
>>
>> [1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1412
>>
>> -Jesse
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Rajesh Koilpillai
>> <rajesh.koilpillai@(protected):
>>> They are competing and Apache Archiva works just fine with minimal
>>> configuration.

©2008 java2.5341.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.