Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

Re: Archiva vs. Nexus

Brian Topping

2011-07-25

Replies: Find Java Web Hosting

Author LoginPost Reply
I'd run it from a directory that does not contain spaces or other non alphanumeric characters. Yours has two spaces, one of each different parenthesis, and a ">" in it.

Nexus is a very robust and easy to use installation that gets a lot of attention. You are not "supposed to waste time on installing it", but having an open mind to issues that are often found in cross-platform software is helpful. Especially when you are running it on Windows.

On Jul 25, 2011, at 3:06 PM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:

> So I downloaded Nexus 1.9.2, watched the video, read the user manual on starting Nexus, entered
>
> C:\Program Files (Open)\Sonatype\nexus-oss-webapp-1.9.2-bundle\nexus-oss-webapp-1.9.2>bin\jsw\windows-x86-64\nexus start
>
> and got back
>
> FATAL | wrapper | Unable to open configuration file. C:\Program Files (Open)\Sonatype\nexus-oss-webapp-1.9.2-bundle\nexus-oss-webapp-1.9.2\start
> Press any key to continue . . .
>
> First impressions are very important - this one was pretty bad. How much time am I supposed to waste now trying to figure out how to actually start Nexus?
>
> Maybe Archiva actually works according to the documentation...
>
> Cheers, Eric

©2008 java2.5341.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.