Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

SOLVED (Re: maven problem with https: RSA premaster secret error)

Lars Huttar

2012-03-22

Replies: Find Java Web Hosting

Author LoginPost Reply
OK, I was able to solve this.
When I typed "java -version" at the command line, it told me 1.6.0_31,
so I thought I was running the latest.
But when I later looked at the JAVA_HOME env var, which maven uses, it
pointed to an old 1.5.0 JDK.
One I pointed it to a newer 1.6.0_31 jdk, mvn ran fine.

Regards,
Lars

On 3/22/2012 12:24 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I've googled the maven mailing
> lists for this and found nothing.
> (http://maven.markmail.org/search/?q=rsa+premaster+secret+error)
>
> I was able to run maven (and thus use C3) on my development desktop
> machine (running Windows 7).
> But when I tried running maven on another machine, I got the following
> mysterious error output:
>
> D:\Apache Group\c3>mvn -X -e archetype:generate
> -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon.archetype-parent
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-archetype-parent
> -DarchetypeVersion=3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=org.sil
> -DartifactId=theParent -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
> -DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/

> [INFO] Archetype defined by properties
> Downloading:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/ap
> ache/cocoon/archetype-parent/cocoon-archetype-parent/3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT/maven
>
> -metadata.xml
> [WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
> org.apache.cocoon.archetype-parent:cocoon-
> archetype-parent:3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to
> cocoon-archety
> pe-parent-repo
> (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/):
> Error transferring file: RSA premaster secret error
>
> I've googled around other places and found advice to the effect that
> something is "stuffing up the child JVM's bootclasspath in a way that
> causes the crypto libraries to break".
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2152988/rsa-secret-premaster-error
> However I have no idea how to address that problem.
> Install a new version of Java and make sure its JRE is at the front of
> the classpath?
>
> Is there a way to just tell maven not to use https?
> I tried changing the repo URL to use "http" instead of "https", but
> that just gave me a bunch of checksum warnings and XML validation errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

©2008 java2.5341.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.