Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

fop-users Digest 19 Jan 2013 23:01:21 -0000 Issue 2637

fop-users-digest-help

2013-01-19

Author LoginPost Reply

fop-users Digest 19 Jan 2013 23:01:21 -0000 Issue 2637

Topics (messages 36174 through 36187)

Re: Performance improvement suggestions
 36174 by: John Brown
 36175 by: nels
 36176 by: nels
 36177 by: John Brown
 36178 by: John Brown
 36179 by: nels
 36180 by: Glenn Adams
 36182 by: nels
 36184 by: Pascal Sancho
 36185 by: nels
 36186 by: Pascal Sancho

Re: FOP 1.1 - Unable to copy/paste text is not working
 36181 by: Neeraj
 36183 by: Luis Bernardo

Suppress output to screen
 36187 by: Stephen McCracken

Administrivia:

Nels wrote:

> I have updated to 1.1 now.
> Adding fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false); directly into the fop script
> gives me this error:
> fop[263]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 1 : `(' is not expected.
>
> The actual line added is:
> FOP_OPTS="fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false);"
>
> Appreciate your advice.

Put an <ESCAPE> before the brackets:
FOP_OPTS="fopFactory.setStrictValidation\(false\);"

Regards,
John Brown.

Thanks John, doing that I now get this error:

fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false)
fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass (URLClassLoader.java:423)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:653)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:346)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:619)
Could not find the main class: fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false).
Program will exit.

-----
just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!
--

I can't get the fop option -q for quiet mode to work. Running from the
command line I tried:

But I still receive warnings. Can I suppress these this way?

-----

Nels wrote:

> Thanks John, doing that I now get this error:

<snip/>
> Could not find the main class: fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false).
> Program will exit.

I was not really paying atention to what you were trying to do.
The previous instruction was just to get the shell to accept
brackets. However, FOP_OPTS is for specifying parameters to java,
for example -Xms64m to set the initial size of the heap to 64 MB.
You cannot insert a function call there.

Regards,
John Brown.

Nels wrote:

> I can't get the fop option -q for quiet mode to work. Running from the
> command line I tried:
> fop -q -xml xml_file.xml -xsl xsl_file.xsl -pdf pdf_file.pdf
>
> But I still receive warnings. Can I suppress these this way?

The warnings that you are seeing are displayed on the standard error
output. You can redirect it like this on Linux:
$ fop -q ... 2> /dev/null
or like this on Windows:
C:\>fop -q 2> nul

Are you sure that you want to suppress those warnings? Consider
a DocBook document that I am working on now. When not suppressing
warnings, I get among the output:

Font "ZapfDingbats,normal,700" not found. Substituting with "ZapfDingbats,normal
,400".
Couldn't find hyphenation pattern for lang="en".

With -q, the font warning goes away, but the hyphenation warning
remains. If I suppress the hyphenation warning, I will not know that
there is a problem.

Regards,
John Brown.

Thanks again. I have used the Unix method of redirecting output now. The
process will be run from the application and the messages are meaningless to
the end user hence my question.

-----
just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!
--

If you want to use strict mode using the command line interface, then you need to use the FOP configuration file to specify strict validation mode. See http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/configuration.html. In other words, insert

<strict-validation>true</strict-validation>

into your fop.xconf file at the appropriate level.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM, John Brown <johnbrown105@hotmail.com> wrote:
Nels wrote:

> Thanks John, doing that I now get this error:

<snip/>
> Could not find the main class: fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false).
> Program will exit.

I was not really paying atention to what you were trying to do.
The previous instruction was just to get the shell to accept
brackets. However, FOP_OPTS is for specifying parameters to java,
for example -Xms64m to set the initial size of the heap to 64 MB.
You cannot insert a function call there.

Regards,
John Brown.

Glenn Adams-2 wrote
> If you want to use strict mode using the command line interface, then you
> need to use the FOP configuration file to specify strict validation mode.
> See http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/configuration.html. In other
> words, insert
> <strict-validation>
> true
> </strict-validation>
> into your fop.xconf file at the appropriate level.

Thanks Glenn. I just tried running (1.1) FOP with the issued xconf file and
it complained:
fop[58]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 2 : `newline or ;' is not expected.

The first few lines look like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<fop version="1.0">

<base>.</base>

Do I need to edit it first?

-----
just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!
--

Hi,

can you attach your file, rather than copy/paste it?
that will allow one to test it easily.

2013/1/18 nels <nbhchan@(protected)>:
> Glenn Adams-2 wrote
>> If you want to use strict mode using the command line interface, then you
>> need to use the FOP configuration file to specify strict validation mode.
>> See http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/configuration.html. In other
>> words, insert
>> <strict-validation>
>> true
>> </strict-validation>
>> into your fop.xconf file at the appropriate level.
>
> Thanks Glenn. I just tried running (1.1) FOP with the issued xconf file and
> it complained:
> fop[58]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 2 : `newline or ;' is not expected.
>
> The first few lines look like this:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>

> <fop version="1.0">
>

>  <base>.</base>
>
> Do I need to edit it first?
>

> -----
> just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!

--
pascal

Hi pascal,

I was referring to the xconf file in my last post is that the one you want
me to attach? It is the one that comes with the 1.1 download and it fails
with the error:
fop[58]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 2 : `newline or ;' is not expected.

-----
just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!
--

Hmm,

I cannot reproduce this issue
(fop 1.1, fop.xconf modified with GA's suggestion, Win seven x64,
feeding fop with FO file).
AFAICK, I cannot figure what is the source of the "syntax error".
perhaps it occurs in a scripting language.

Probably, fop[58] is for fop shell script, line 58; you should have a
look into that part.
I cannot check it since I run FOP on Windows.

If not, is there such snippet in your XSLT? (look for <xalan:script>,
<msxsl:script>, etc.)

--
pascal

Hi,

I am using FOP 1.1 and through command line; trying to create PDF in
Arabic language. Now when i copy Arabic text from PDF to UTF-8 editor.
it not shows some Arabic chars, instead of shows box.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I have attached corresponding files.

command line:

fop -c fop.xconf -fo arabic.fo -pdf out.pdf

does your editor know about the font you are using? if you highlight the text in the editor and set the font to Arial do you see any glyph?

I tried your example but with Arial, copied and pasted to OpenOffice and I am able to see the glyphs.

now, not that this makes a difference for your problem, are you sure the output file you sent was generated with the fop.xconf you sent? in your conf file you have embedding mode full but in the output file it is being subset.

On 1/17/13 1:58 PM, Neeraj wrote:
Hi,

I am using FOP 1.1 and through command line; trying to create PDF in
Arabic language. Now when i copy Arabic text from PDF to UTF-8 editor.
it not shows some Arabic chars, instead of shows box.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I have attached corresponding files.

command line:

fop -c fop.xconf -fo arabic.fo -pdf out.pdf

I'm trying to suppress output to the screen.

I'm using FOP version 0.95 in a bash script and use the "-q" option and
redirect stdout and stderr to /dev/null, but still get messages printed
to the screen:

$ fop -q -fo $YR.wk$WK.fo $YR.wk$WK.pdf >/dev/null 2>&1

Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)

Thanks for any help!

sjm

©2008 java2.5341.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.