Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

fop-users Digest 22 Jan 2013 08:07:36 -0000 Issue 2638

fop-users-digest-help

2013-01-22

Author LoginPost Reply

fop-users Digest 22 Jan 2013 08:07:36 -0000 Issue 2638

Topics (messages 36188 through 36194)

Re: Performance improvement suggestions
 36188 by: nels
 36189 by: Glenn Adams

TIFF file generation from XSL-FO
 36190 by: nanda
 36191 by: Pascal Sancho

Hyphenation
 36192 by: markus.sticker.epos.zf.com
 36193 by: Robert Meyer
 36194 by: markus.sticker.epos.zf.com

Administrivia:

Pascal Sancho-2 wrote
> Probably, fop[58] is for fop shell script, line 58; you should have a
> look into that part.

The reference to line 58 points to the fop script where at said line it
executes the configuration file:

if [ -f "$BMS/cus/scripts/.fop/fop.xconf" ] ; then
. $BMS/cus/scripts/.fop/fop.xconf
fi

It looks innocent enough until I noticed the leading period (.) on the
second line which is line 58. In fact the other configuration file
references in the downloaded fop script, before and after this one, have the
same error:

# Source/default fop configuration
if $no_config ; then
rpm_mode=false
else
# load system-wide fop configuration
if [ -f "/etc/fop.conf" ] ; then
  . /etc/fop.conf
fi

# load user fop configuration
if [ -f "$HOME/.fop/fop.conf" ] ; then
  . $HOME/.fop/fop.conf
fi
if [ -f "$HOME/.foprc" ] ; then
  . "$HOME/.foprc"
fi

I have removed the offending period and it now runs. Thanks for all the
help.

-----
just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!
--

that's not an error, its the shell's "dot" command [1]; perhaps you are using a non-standard shell that doesn't support it

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot_(Unix)

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM, nels <nbhchan@gmail.com> wrote:
Pascal Sancho-2 wrote
> Probably, fop[58] is for fop shell script, line 58; you should have a
> look into that part.

The reference to line 58 points to the fop script where at said line it
executes the configuration file:

if [ -f "$BMS/cus/scripts/.fop/fop.xconf" ] ; then
  . $BMS/cus/scripts/.fop/fop.xconf
fi

It looks innocent enough until I noticed the leading period (.) on the
second line which is line 58. In fact the other configuration file
references in the downloaded fop script, before and after this one, have the
same error:

# Source/default fop configuration
if $no_config ; then
  rpm_mode=false
else
  # load system-wide fop configuration
  if [ -f "/etc/fop.conf" ] ; then
    . /etc/fop.conf
  fi

  # load user fop configuration
  if [ -f "$HOME/.fop/fop.conf" ] ; then
    . $HOME/.fop/fop.conf
  fi
  if [ -f "$HOME/.foprc" ] ; then
    . "$HOME/.foprc"
  fi

I have removed the offending period and it now runs. Thanks for all the
help.

-----
just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!
--

Our application has XSL-FO.
We have requirement to generate TIFF file output combining the XML data &

--

Hi,

You should have a look to [1] fop output formats
there is a -tiff option on command line interface.

The TIFF section [2] gives further info about TIFF configuration.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/output.html
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/output.html#bitmap

--
pascal

Hi there,

I wonder about the hyphenation in fop or offo, because
if I try to hyphenate

computermonitor  = com-puter-mon-it-or

and

computer_monitor  = computer_monitor

So I tried to extend the rules but I didn’t get a better result.

I tried to add more patterns in the user pattern file like “_0 …”

Maybe somebody has a idea to fix this.

Best Regards

Markus

Hi,

Not sure about the first one, but there was a patch I submitted a couple of weeks ago regarding FOP not breaking words with an underline. This can be seen here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2044

The patch is still waiting to be reviewed, so it might be worth looking out for the fix whenever someone gets around to looking at it.

Regards,

Robert Meyer

Subject: Hyphenation
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:25:42 +0100
From: markus.sticker.epos@zf.com
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Hi there,

I wonder about the hyphenation in fop or offo, because
if I try to hyphenate

computermonitor  = com-puter-mon-it-or

and

computer_monitor  = computer_monitor

So I tried to extend the rules but I didn’t get a better result.

I tried to add more patterns in the user pattern file like “_0 …”

Maybe somebody has a idea to fix this.

Best Regards

Markus

Hi Robert,

Thanks for you very quick answer.

I’ve seen you have fixed it (expermential or unreviewed).

So the patch is provided in the nightly build?

Because I will have a try on this bugfix.

Best Regards from germany

Markus

Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:25:42 +0100
From:
markus.sticker.epos@zf.com
To:
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Hi there,

I wonder about the hyphenation in fop or offo, because
if I try to hyphenate

computermonitor  = com-puter-mon-it-or

and

computer_monitor  = computer_monitor

So I tried to extend the rules but I didn’t get a better result.

I tried to add more patterns in the user pattern file like “_0 …”

Maybe somebody has a idea to fix this.

Best Regards

Markus

©2008 java2.5341.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.