Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

Home » fop-users-digest.xmlgraphics »

fop-users Digest 24 Jan 2013 18:22:22 -0000 Issue 2640

fop-users-digest-help

2013-01-24


Author LoginPost Reply

fop-users Digest 24 Jan 2013 18:22:22 -0000 Issue 2640

Topics (messages 36199 through 36205)

Re: Hyphenation
 36199 by: Pascal Sancho
 36200 by: markus.sticker.epos.zf.com

Re: Suppress output to screen
 36201 by: Chris Bowditch
 36202 by: Stephen McCracken
 36203 by: Robert Meyer
 36204 by: Kerry, Richard
 36205 by: Stephen McCracken

Administrivia:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To post to the list, e-mail: fop-users@(protected)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-digest-unsubscribe@(protected)
For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-digest-help@(protected)

----------------------------------------------------------------------


Attachment: fop-users_36199.eml (zipped)
Hi Markus,

you can insert a ZWSP (​) everywhere you want a break opportunity.
This is a best practice when there is no matching hyphenation pattern.

2013/1/22 <markus.sticker.epos@(protected)>:
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I did some tests with different sources. The “_” is working very well. But
> I’ve got an issue for a words like this: “parameter.for.fop” or
> “Hyperlink#Mark”.
>
> So is it possible to extend these pattern? Maybe I can do it by my own
> because not everbody needs technical documentation hyphenation pattern.
>
>
>
> Best Regards
>
>
>
> Markus
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Von: Robert Meyer [mailto:rmeyer@(protected)]
>
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Januar 2013 14:52
> An: fop-users@(protected)
> Betreff: RE: AW: Hyphenation
>
>
>
> Hi Markus,
>
>
>
> Patches remain separate from any build until they are reviewed, accepted and
> pushed by a committer. You can tell when this has happened as an svn commit
> message will be added to the bug and the jira issue will be set to resolved
> status. Up until that point, the only way to test what's in the patch will
> be to download the patch file yourself and merge it manually or use a tool
> e.g. in Linux / Mac OS you can use "patch -p0 < patch.diff".
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert
>
> ________________________________
>
> Subject: AW: Hyphenation
> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:07:05 +0100
> From: markus.sticker.epos@(protected)
> To: fop-users@(protected)
>
> Hi Robert,
>
>
>
> Thanks for you very quick answer.
>
>
>
> I’ve seen you have fixed it (expermential or unreviewed).
>
> So the patch is provided in the nightly build?
>
> Because I will have a try on this bugfix.
>
>
>
> Best Regards from germany
>
>
>
> Markus
>
>
>
> Von: Robert Meyer [mailto:rmeyer@(protected)]
> Gesendet: Montag, 21. Januar 2013 17:54
> An: fop-users@(protected)
> Betreff: RE: Hyphenation
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Not sure about the first one, but there was a patch I submitted a couple of
> weeks ago regarding FOP not breaking words with an underline. This can be
> seen here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2044
>
> The patch is still waiting to be reviewed, so it might be worth looking out
> for the fix whenever someone gets around to looking at it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert Meyer
>
> ________________________________
>
> Subject: Hyphenation
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:25:42 +0100
> From: markus.sticker.epos@(protected)
> To: fop-users@(protected)
>
> Hi there,
>
>
>
> I wonder about the hyphenation in fop or offo, because
> if I try to hyphenate
>
>
>
> computermonitor = com-puter-mon-it-or
>
>
>
> and
>
>
>
> computer_monitor = computer_monitor
>
>
>
> So I tried to extend the rules but I didn’t get a better result.
>
> I tried to add more patterns in the user pattern file like “_0 …”
>
> Maybe somebody has a idea to fix this.
>
>
>
> Best Regards
>
>
>
> Markus



--
pascal


Attachment: fop-users_36200.eml (zipped)
Hi Pascal,

this is a nice workaround, but if your pdf has a weight of 780 pages and you are looking for
one special parameter, you can not use the adobe reader search function. So this is not really
a solution.

Best regards

Markus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Pascal Sancho [mailto:psancho.asf@(protected)]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013 08:56
An: fop-users@(protected)
Betreff: Re: AW: Hyphenation

Hi Markus,

you can insert a ZWSP (&#x200b;) everywhere you want a break opportunity.
This is a best practice when there is no matching hyphenation pattern.

2013/1/22 <markus.sticker.epos@(protected)>:
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I did some tests with different sources. The “_” is working very well.
> But I’ve got an issue for a words like this: “parameter.for.fop” or
> “Hyperlink#Mark”.
>
> So is it possible to extend these pattern? Maybe I can do it by my own
> because not everbody needs technical documentation hyphenation pattern.
>
>
>
> Best Regards
>
>
>
> Markus
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Von: Robert Meyer [mailto:rmeyer@(protected)]
>
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Januar 2013 14:52
> An: fop-users@(protected)
> Betreff: RE: AW: Hyphenation
>
>
>
> Hi Markus,
>
>
>
> Patches remain separate from any build until they are reviewed,
> accepted and pushed by a committer. You can tell when this has
> happened as an svn commit message will be added to the bug and the
> jira issue will be set to resolved status. Up until that point, the
> only way to test what's in the patch will be to download the patch
> file yourself and merge it manually or use a tool e.g. in Linux / Mac OS you can use "patch -p0 < patch.diff".
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert
>
> ________________________________
>
> Subject: AW: Hyphenation
> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:07:05 +0100
> From: markus.sticker.epos@(protected)
> To: fop-users@(protected)
>
> Hi Robert,
>
>
>
> Thanks for you very quick answer.
>
>
>
> I’ve seen you have fixed it (expermential or unreviewed).
>
> So the patch is provided in the nightly build?
>
> Because I will have a try on this bugfix.
>
>
>
> Best Regards from germany
>
>
>
> Markus
>
>
>
> Von: Robert Meyer [mailto:rmeyer@(protected)]
> Gesendet: Montag, 21. Januar 2013 17:54
> An: fop-users@(protected)
> Betreff: RE: Hyphenation
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Not sure about the first one, but there was a patch I submitted a
> couple of weeks ago regarding FOP not breaking words with an
> underline. This can be seen here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2044
>
> The patch is still waiting to be reviewed, so it might be worth
> looking out for the fix whenever someone gets around to looking at it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert Meyer
>
> ________________________________
>
> Subject: Hyphenation
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:25:42 +0100
> From: markus.sticker.epos@(protected)
> To: fop-users@(protected)
>
> Hi there,
>
>
>
> I wonder about the hyphenation in fop or offo, because if I try to
> hyphenate
>
>
>
> computermonitor = com-puter-mon-it-or
>
>
>
> and
>
>
>
> computer_monitor = computer_monitor
>
>
>
> So I tried to extend the rules but I didn’t get a better result.
>
> I tried to add more patterns in the user pattern file like “_0 …”
>
> Maybe somebody has a idea to fix this.
>
>
>
> Best Regards
>
>
>
> Markus



--
pascal

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@(protected)
For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@(protected)


Attachment: fop-users_36201.eml (zipped)
Hi Stephen,

On 18/01/2013 21:28, Stephen McCracken wrote:
> I'm trying to suppress output to the screen.
>
> I'm using FOP version 0.95 in a bash script and use the "-q" option and
> redirect stdout and stderr to /dev/null, but still get messages printed
> to the screen:

Can you copy and paste an example of the messages you are seeing on the
screen. You might be able to suppress them using log levels.

>
> $ fop -q -fo $YR.wk$WK.fo $YR.wk$WK.pdf >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
>
> Thanks for any help!

Thanks,

Chris

> sjm
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@(protected)
> For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@(protected)
>
>
>



Attachment: fop-users_36202.eml (zipped)
>> I'm using FOP version 0.95 in a bash script and use the "-q" option and
>> redirect stdout and stderr to /dev/null, but still get messages printed
>> to the screen:
>
> Can you copy and paste an example of the messages you are seeing on the
> screen. You might be able to suppress them using log levels.

In the bash script the call to fop is:

fop -q -fo $YR.wk$WK.fo $YR.wk$WK.pdf >/dev/null 2>&1

The screen output is:
"Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)"

To be "clearer", since I'm looping through log file directories to
generate .pdf reports when I run the bash script the screen looks like:

Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)


Thanks for any help!

sjm


Attachment: fop-users_36203.eml (zipped)
Hi,

I can't seem to find any reference to that message in FOP or XGC. Are you sure the message is coming from FOP? Try running the same fo from the command line and see if you get the same message. If you don't then it may be coming from elsewhere

Regards,

Robert Meyer

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:30:06 -0700
> From: sjm.mlists@gmail.com
> To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Suppress output to screen
>
> >> I'm using FOP version 0.95 in a bash script and use the "-q" option and
> >> redirect stdout and stderr to /dev/null, but still get messages printed
> >> to the screen:
> >
> > Can you copy and paste an example of the messages you are seeing on the
> > screen. You might be able to suppress them using log levels.
>
> In the bash script the call to fop is:
>
> fop -q -fo $YR.wk$WK.fo $YR.wk$WK.pdf >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> The screen output is:
> "Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)"
>
> To be "clearer", since I'm looping through log file directories to
> generate .pdf reports when I run the bash script the screen looks like:
>
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
>
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> sjm
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org
>

Attachment: fop-users_36204.eml (zipped)
 
It's from the DocBook -> FO stylesheets.
 
(Actually mine says "Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)" but that's just cultural differences ......)
 
 
 
 
Helpfully,
Maybe,
Richard.
 
 
 


From: Robert Meyer [mailto:rmeyer@hotmail.co.uk]
Sent: 23 January 2013 15:44
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Suppress output to screen

Hi,

I can't seem to find any reference to that message in FOP or XGC. Are you sure the message is coming from FOP? Try running the same fo from the command line and see if you get the same message. If you don't then it may be coming from elsewhere

Regards,

Robert Meyer

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:30:06 -0700
> From: sjm.mlists@gmail.com
> To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Suppress output to screen
>
> >> I'm using FOP version 0.95 in a bash script and use the "-q" option and
> >> redirect stdout and stderr to /dev/null, but still get messages printed
> >> to the screen:
> >
> > Can you copy and paste an example of the messages you are seeing on the
> > screen. You might be able to suppress them using log levels.
>
> In the bash script the call to fop is:
>
> fop -q -fo $YR.wk$WK.fo $YR.wk$WK.pdf >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> The screen output is:
> "Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)"
>
> To be "clearer", since I'm looping through log file directories to
> generate .pdf reports when I run the bash script the screen looks like:
>
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
> Making landscape pages on USletter paper (11inx8.5in)
>
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> sjm
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-users-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org
>

Attachment: fop-users_36205.eml (zipped)
On 01/23/2013 08:49 AM, Kerry, Richard wrote:
>
> It's from the DocBook -> FO stylesheets.
>
> (Actually mine says "Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)" but that's just cultural differences ......)

Thanks for the lead. I've now redefined the root.messages template to
not output anything.

I appreciate your help!

sjm

©2008 java2.5341.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.