Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

fop-users Digest 29 Jan 2013 15:30:39 -0000 Issue 2642

fop-users-digest-help

2013-01-29

Author LoginPost Reply

fop-users Digest 29 Jan 2013 15:30:39 -0000 Issue 2642

Topics (messages 36208 through 36213)

how to merge PDFs
 36208 by: Campbell, Lance
 36209 by: Mehdi Houshmand
 36210 by: Campbell, Lance
 36211 by: Marc
 36212 by: Luis Bernardo
 36213 by: Campbell, Lance

Administrivia:

FOP 1.1

We have been using FOP for quite a few years now.  We are really happy with it.  We use it to generate PDF reports.  We seem to be running into an issue where really large reports start to display the XSL-FOP code in the output.

Example:

d="submission-4"> <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after"> <fo:table> <fs week? If so,

provide details on the conference/workshop/journal, authors, paper

I was thinking that maybe I could process each page into its own PDF and then splice the single page PDFs together into a master PDF document.

Has anyone ever done this?

This will prevent the issue from occurring.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

217-333-0382

Look into PDFBox, its another Apache project that can do just that. However, you definitely shouldn't be seeing XSL-FO in the output PDF.

Can you post a bug and attach a test sample? Depending on what you're doing, FOP should be able to handle big documents so the merging shouldn't be necessary.

On Jan 28, 2013 5:08 PM, "Campbell, Lance" <lance@illinois.edu> wrote:

FOP 1.1

We have been using FOP for quite a few years now.  We are really happy with it.  We use it to generate PDF reports.  We seem to be running into an issue where really large reports start to display the XSL-FOP code in the output.

Example:

d="submission-4"> <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after"> <fo:table> <fs week? If so,

provide details on the conference/workshop/journal, authors, paper

I was thinking that maybe I could process each page into its own PDF and then splice the single page PDFs together into a master PDF document.

Has anyone ever done this?

This will prevent the issue from occurring.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

217-333-0382

I looked over the PDFBox option.  Do you believe there is a way to renumber pages in a merged PDF document?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

217-333-0382

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign logo

[...]

Hi,
If you cut the output into different section, each section is
suppressed from the memory at the end.
This is not possible if you have link between the differents sections.

I do this in a project to generate very big pdf file with a small java
machine.

Marc

Le lundi 28 janvier 2013 21:42:17, Campbell, Lance a écrit :
> I looked over the PDFBox option. Do you believe there is a way to
> renumber pages in a merged PDF document?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lance Campbell
>
> Software Architect
>
> Web Services at Public Affairs
>
> 217-333-0382
>
> University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign logo <http://illinois.edu/>

Please provide a test case if you think you found a bug. Most likely there is some oddity in your FO input that causes the problem.

If you want to merge documents and have control over how they are generated you can use initial-page-number to set the page number for the start of a page sequence.

To merge, besides PDFBox you can use pdftk (which itself uses iText).

On 1/28/13 8:42 PM, Campbell, Lance wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your suggestion on submitting a bug.  I put together the information to recreate the problem as well as the PDF that was in error.  I submitted it just now.

I think I will skip the merge and wait to hear back from the bug submission.

[...]

©2008 java2.5341.com - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A.