Java Mailing List Archive

http://www.java2.5341.com/

fop-users Digest 1 Feb 2013 14:09:18 -0000 Issue 2646

fop-users-digest-help

2013-02-01

Author LoginPost Reply

fop-users Digest 1 Feb 2013 14:09:18 -0000 Issue 2646

Topics (messages 36226 through 36230)

How get fixed width for inline FO ?
 36226 by: Steve Fogel
 36227 by: Terence M. Bandoian

FOP 1.1 Processor Not Responding
 36228 by: Neeraj

PNG files takes more size as compare to JPG in FOP 1.1 PDF
 36229 by: Neeraj
 36230 by: Luis Bernardo

Administrivia:

Hi, all..

I'd like to specify a fixed width for an inline FO with FOP 1.1. It's in a List of Tables in the front matter of a book. For each table in the list, table number area should be fixed width followed by table title.

I tried this (simplified):

<fo:block start-indent="3.5em">
 <fo:basic-link internal-destination="unique_id_24">
   <fo:inline inline-progression-dimension="6em">4-5</fo:inline>Summary of Commands
   </fo:basic-link>
</fo:block>

I also tried using just the width property instead of inline-progression-dimension.

Neither worked. Can someone help?

Thx

Steve

Steve Fogel | Information Architect, Oracle Database | 650.506.4914
Oracle Server Technologies Information Development
500 Oracle Parkway | M/S 4op1126 | Redwood Shores, CA 94065

On 2/1/2013 2:37 AM, Steve Fogel wrote:
> Hi, all..
>
> I'd like to specify a fixed width for an inline FO with FOP 1.1. It's in a List of Tables in the front matter of a book. For each table in the list, table number area should be fixed width followed by table title.
>
> I tried this (simplified):
>
> <fo:block start-indent="3.5em">
>  <fo:basic-link internal-destination="unique_id_24">
>    <fo:inline inline-progression-dimension="6em">4-5</fo:inline>Summary of Commands
>     </fo:basic-link>
> </fo:block>
>
> I also tried using just the width property instead of inline-progression-dimension.
>
> Neither worked. Can someone help?
>
> Thx
>
> Steve

Hi, Steve-

I don't remember all the details but I did something like this when I
needed fixed horizontal widths in the footer of a document:

<fo:list-block
  provisional-distance-between-starts="2.6in"
  provisional-label-separation="0">
<fo:list-item>

<fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
<fo:block></fo:block>
</fo:list-item-label>

<fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
<fo:block></fo:block>
</fo:list-item-body>

</fo:list-item>
</fo:list-block>

Hope it helps.

-Terence Bandoian

Hi,

I am using FOP 1.1 RC1 through command line tool.

I am using three images (Two BMP and one JPG), generated through MS-Paintbrush. When i am trying to render these images in PDF using fo:external-graphic in a block. FOP hangs and does not respond back.

Please find attached file for the same.

Images - logo.jpg, MapG.bmp, LegendG.bmp
FO file - image.fo
Config file - using a default config

Command line: fop -fo image.fo -c fop.xconf -pdf out.pdf

Please let me know that why FOP is not working for this particular combination.

Let me know if you need anymore input.

Thanks
Neeraj